You asked for it and I’m finally giving it to you! Several people have asked me in the past to blog about beauty tips and tricks; so here you go! Let me warn you before reading on; when asked of my opinion I’m going to give you my honest, true opinion. So keep reading with caution! 😉 These are just a list of a few things that get asked frequently. After working in a salon for 10 years I’ve learned a lot about the good and the bad and the what to do and what not to do, so I hope something you read here proves to be helpful!
This post mainly goes out to my Bella girls back in Jeff City! I love and miss you! It’s been two months since I was working in the salon/beauty industry and I miss it dearly. I will always have a passion for it so this is me still holding onto a bit of that passion and throwing it out to you!
1. If you do nothing else to your face before leaving the house do these three things: moisturize (preferably one with an SPF), put on mascara, and put on some form of lipgloss, lipstick, or tint. It’s amazing how much just mascara and lips brightens up your face and makes you look more awake. So don’t leave home without it!
2. Change is good! But…changing your hair color dramatically every few months is bad. It’s super harsh on your hair and can lead to damage and not so pretty locks. So pick a color and a style and own it for awhile! If you feel the need to change something that frequent maybe you should look elsewhere in your life for something that needs changing.
3. Keep your eyebrows well groomed, shaped, sculpted, and filled in! Eyebrows say everything about your face. You may think people aren’t noticing them but trust me we are all looking at them!
4. Professional products do really make all the difference in the world. We aren’t just trying to sell you something. 9 out of 10 times we have used the product first and see results and love it so much we want you to try it too! What you put on your hair and skin can be just as important as what you put in your body.
5. Listen carefully… no one wakes up and their hair magically looks amazing! So those of you that walk in the salon and magically expect your hair to look the same as your stylist fixed it, but aren’t willing to put some time, effort, and product in it…it’s just not going to happen. That’s just the truth peeps! I don’t want to lie to you! Everyone of us has to put a little bit of work into it if we want it to look good at all.
6. Certain eyeshadow colors do bring out the color in your eyes. If your eyes are blue you should use more brown, orangey tones. If you have brown eyes you should try blueish tones. And if your eyes are green or hazel go for purples. That doesn’t mean you have to stick to only those colors but if you want to bring out your natural eye color those are the shades that will make it pop.
7. Please for your sake and for everyone else’s check before leaving the house that you are wearing the proper under garments. We don’t want to see the outline of your underwear, the shade of your bra or bra straps or other things hanging out. Ok!
8. If your not going to shampoo your hair daily use a dry shampoo. There are some great ones on the market that work well at absorbing oils and odors from the hair to keep it looking fresh longer.
9. As far as nail colors go, any shade goes! Everything from light to dark, bright to pastel, you name it! I’ve found from working in the beauty industry for the past 10 years people are extremely opinionated about nail color. I say, if you like the color, wear it!
10. My final piece of beauty advice (for now at least ;)) is this. Fashion and trends are constantly changing and if your like me you can’t wait to see and try the next exciting trend out there! However, it’s easy to get stuck in our little box of what’s comfortable and what we are used to. My advice is try something new every once in awhile. Put on the red lipstick you would never wear or try on the bright floral top! You might find you really love it! 🙂
How we look on the outside and how we present ourselves says a lot about who we are! After all its the first thing people see and notice before getting to know who we are on the inside. I think our own individual style and flare says a lot about each of us. I think it describes a little part of us. So make sure you are showing your best self on the outside!
As much as I love all the beauty products and the latest trends and styles, I will always believe that the beauty we posses on the inside is much more important. If we get that part right first, the outside will glow just as beautiful! 🙂
I hope you have made it this far reading and that I didn’t step on your toes a long the way! Honesty has always been my best policy so there you have it! Thanks for reading along friends! I love you all!
Until next time….
A. Flavio 🙂